Neuroscience Graduate Program (NGP)
The FAU Stiles-Nicholson Brain Institute sponsors the Ph.D. NGP. We are currently recruiting applications for the 2024 Fall matriculation class. We are looking for bright, motivated students who have an inquisitive mind and a passion for neuroscience research. Work alongside world-renowned faculty who are utilizing novel techniques to perform cutting-edge research in cellular, molecular, and biomedical neuroscience; sensorimotor, cognitive, and behavioral neuroscience; and theoretical and computational neuroscience. At FAU we believe that celebrating and valuing diversity and inclusivity generates innovative education, inspired curricula, high-quality research, effective problem-solving, and general creativity, by establishing an environment in which all students can achieve their potential.
HOW TO APPLY
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), FAU Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
FAU Graduate College Neuroscience Admission Requirements
- Initiate the application process:
Create an account in
- Search: Florida Atlantic University
- Neuroscience – Doctor of Philosophy
- Fill out the on-line application
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.4 (neuroscience, biology, psychology, or related relevant field)
- Graduate GPA of 3.4 (if applicable)
- Personal Statement – Include your college/degree/major, and explain your purpose for graduate study, including your career goals and how a Ph.D. in Neuroscience is important to achieving those goals. Discuss areas of neuroscience research of interest and highlight any previous research experience(s).
- Resume/CV – The resume should include pertinent work history, research experience, publications, honors, etc. Prior laboratory research experience is typical of admitted students, but not required. Please include any research funding in your resume/CV.
- Letters of Recommendation – Three letters of recommendation are required, with up to five can be submitted on your behalf. As part of the online application, you will be required to register the names and contact information, including e-mail addresses, of your recommenders. Recommenders will then receive an e-mail with directions how to proceed. Applicants are strongly encouraged that letters are from academic/research advisors. Contact your recommenders before submitting their information in the online application.
- Transcripts – Official transcripts and/or Official Foreign Credential Evaluations must be received from ALL institutions attended (electronic or post), order them as soon as possible. *Posted physical transcripts can be sent to: Florida Atlantic University, ATTN: Graduate College Admissions, 777 Glades Road – SU 80, Room 101, Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
- List five FAU Neuroscience Graduate Program NGP Faculty from list that you are interested in their research in the on-line application.
- Pay application fee to submit online application. (Submit early so your application can be fully processed and referred to our program)
FAU Graduate College Webpage will assist prospective graduate students.
FAU Graduate College: Admission Frequently Asked Questions *Includes information: International Applicants with a degree from outside the United States