FY 2020-2021 One-Time Merit Bonus Payment Program
The following outlines the Fiscal Year 2020-2021 One-Time Merit Bonus Payment Program for eligible AMP, SP, and out-of-unit faculty at FAU.
The one-time payment will be 3% of the employee’s annual base salary and will be paid on June 30, 2021, along with the employee’s regular pay. These amounts will be reflected in your accounts two days earlier than the pay schedule suggests.
The University will fund employees charged to E&G. Departments with employees funded from other sources, such as grants, grant-related contracts, and auxiliaries will need to identify an amount equal to this program for their employees in these categories. In other words, the FY21 one-time merit bonus program is for all eligible employees regardless of funding source.
The one-time merit bonus payment is subject to the following criteria:
- AMP, SP, and Out-of-unit Faculty must have been hired on or before December 11, 2020, and have been continuously employed through June 12, 2021.
- Employees must have demonstrated consistent, effective, and sustained satisfactory performance.
- Employees on grants and grant-related contracts shall receive a one-time merit bonus payment equivalent to similar employees on E&G or other funding; however, bonus payments charged against grants may not be permitted; therefore, any portion of the bonus based on grants and grant-related contracts must be charged to an alternate non-sponsored account.
- Part-time employees in the above-mentioned employment categories shall receive a prorated payment based on the full-time equivalent of the position held.
- Participants in DROP and the University's early retirement program who meet all eligibility criteria are eligible to receive the one-time merit bonus payment.
- Employees who have received a disciplinary action of reprimand (oral and/or written) or suspension; OR have had their probationary period extended for disciplinary or performance reasons; OR are under an active Performance Improvement Plan. Employees who have successfully completed a Performance Improvement Plan and meet all other criteria are eligible.
- Employees who have received a notice of separation or layoff, or whose employment ends on or before June 12, 2021.
- Employees who are covered by an individual employment agreement (contracts, etc.).
- Employees whose positions are included in a union collective bargaining unit.
- Employees classified as Temporary/OPS (including student employees), and Post-Doctoral Fellows and Senior Research Fellows.
Process and timeline:
The one-time payment will be awarded based on the employee’s base salary as of June 12, 2021. Due to the need to process the information quickly and accurately, there will be a moratorium on processing any salary increase to an employee record from June 12 and through June 25, 2021. For exceptional situations, please seek the guidance of your appropriate Vice President.
The Department of Human Resources welcomes your questions regarding the one-time merit bonus program. Please contact Gabrielle Zaidman at email@example.com.