FY 2022-2023 One-Time Merit Bonus Payment Program
Staff and Out-Of-Unit Faculty Bonus : The following outlines the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 One-Time Merit Bonus Payment Program for eligible Administrative Managerial Professional (AMP), Support Personnel (SP), and out-of-unit faculty at FAU.
The one-time payment will be 3% of the employee’s annual base salary or $1000.00 whichever is higher. The bonus will be paid on November 18, 2022, along with the employee’s regular pay.
The University will fund employees charged to E&G. Departments with employees funded from other sources, such as grants, grant-related contracts, and auxiliaries will need to identify an amount equal to this program for their employees in these categories. In other words, the FY23 one-time merit bonus program is for all eligible employees regardless of funding source.
The one-time merit bonus payment is subject to the following criteria:
- AMP, SP, and Out-of-unit Faculty must have started employment at FAU on or before June 1, 2022.
- Employees must have demonstrated consistent, effective, and sustained satisfactory performance.
- Employees must have received a rating of 3 or higher in their last performance appraisal.
- Employees on grants and grant-related contracts shall receive a one-time merit bonus payment equivalent to similar employees on E&G or other funding; however, bonus payments charged against grants may not be permitted; therefore, any portion of the bonus based on grants and grant-related contracts must be charged to an alternate non-sponsored account.
- Part-time employees in the above-mentioned employment categories shall receive a prorated payment based on the full-time equivalent of the position held.
- DROP participants are eligible to receive the one-time merit bonus payment.
- Employees who have received a disciplinary action of reprimand (oral and/or written) or suspension; OR have had their probationary period extended for disciplinary or performance reasons; OR are under an active Performance Improvement Plan.
- Employees who have received a notice of separation or layoff dated on or before October 28, 2022, or whose employment ends on or before October 28, 2022.
- Employees who are covered by an individual employment agreement (contracts, etc.).
- Employees whose positions are included in a union collective bargaining unit.
- Employees classified as Temporary/OPS (including student employees), adjunct faculty, Post-Doctoral Fellows, and Senior Research Fellows.
One-Time Bonus - Process and timeline:
The one-time payment will be awarded based on the employee’s base salary as of October 29, 2022.
The Department of Human Resources welcomes your questions regarding the one-time merit bonus program. Please contact Employee Relations at email@example.com.