Sign up for on-campus housing
Current students and summer admitted students may access the summer 2017 housing contract though the Housing Self Service portal. First time in college students who start during the summer 3 term must also complete a housing contract for fall 2017/spring 2018. Summer 1 and 2 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account starting in late April. Summer 3 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account starting May.
FALL 2017 - SPRING 2018
Current students, transfer students and admitted first time to college students may access the fall 2017 and spring 2018 housing contract though the Housing Self Service portal. Housing assignments will be made during May of 2017. Assignments are emailed to the students FAU email account starting in May 2017.
To successfully sign up for housing, follow the steps below:
- Login to the Housing Self Service Portal with your username and password. (NOTE: You must have a FAUNetID and password.)
- Depending on when you are applying for Housing, as well as which campus, you will see a drop-down menu of Housing Contract options. Select the correct contract term before clicking "next".
- Read through the entire contract before agreeing to it! Very important – the FAU Housing Agreement is a legally binding document. It is similar to a lease, so do not submit unless you read and agree to the terms stating that you want to live on campus. Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
- Beginning January 1, 2015 a non-refundable administration charge of $100 will be accessed to all first time applicants. (We accept all major credit cards and electronic check as payment.)
- The next web page is the Housing Contract questions page. Answer all Housing Contract questions as these answers are very important to us. You may select your preference for building and room type on the Living Preference page.
- Upon successful completion and submission of your online contract, you will see a notification on your screen saying "Thanks for submitting your contract". A copy of this page will be sent to your FAU e-mail account. *If you do not see the "Thanks for submitting your contract" page your submission failed. We will not be able to process your contract and you will have to resubmit the contract.
Important Tips for Prospective Students:
- Spaces are limited and fill up quickly, so sign up early.
- There are very few single rooms, and we cannot guarantee single rooms for everyone who makes the request. The earlier you sign up, the better your chances will be to get your priority building or room type.
- The basic housing contract covers the Fall and Spring semester; you are responsible for the terms of the contract.
- Housing will make every attempt to honor roommate requests, however, this is based upon space availability and the timeliness of requests.
- Students living in the residence halls are required to participate in the Campus Meal Plan Program. For information, please visit our Dining Services page.
- If you plan to request special housing considerations based upon a disability or health concern, you must register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). In order to register, you must submit an SAS Application for Support Services and appropriate documentation of your disability. You must have registered with SAS by June 1 for Fall and November 1 for Spring in order for your request to be considered.