Graduate Teaching Assistant Orientation
The Graduate College supports training and resources for newly hired and continuing Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs). GTAs should check their FAU email regularly for communications about required training and optional professional development opportunities. Newly hired GTAs: please read the important information below. If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newly Hired International GTAs with a Primary Language that is not English
If you are a newly hired GTA and English is not your first language, you are required to compete the Seminar for International Teaching Assistants (SITA) during your first semester as a GTA. SITA modules can be completed online through Canvas.
- To register for SITA, please contact ISSS@fau.edu or 561-297-3049
- For more information about SITA, please visit: fau.edu/international/internationalassistants
All Newly Hired GTAs
University-wide GTA training, supported by the Graduate College, will be delivered through online modules that can be completed at your own pace. Training information and requirements will be emailed to all newly hired GTAs after add/drop of the first term of employment.
- GTAs will be emailed training infromation and resources after add/drop of their first employment term GTAs hired for Fall 2021 will receive training information in early September 2021.
Please check your FAU email regularly.
- In addition to the general training provided by the Graduate College, discipline specfic GTA training may be required by your hiring department. Please communicate with your hiring department and supervisor for information on new hire paperwork and departmental specific training requirements and resources.
- In-person training and professional development opportunites may also provided begining in Fall 2021 and in accordance with COVID-19 Guidelines (TBA).