Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes
Please click on an item below to read the answer:
- Residency for tuition purposes
- What are the Basic Requirements for Florida Residency?
- How do I determine if I'm a dependent student or an independent student?
- How do I prove financial independence?
- Who is my "claimant"?
- What do I need to provide to prove my claim for Florida residency?
- Qualification by Exception
- I am a Non-U.S Citizen. Do I qualify as Florida Resident for Tuition Purposes?
- Important things to know about establishing Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Appeal Procedures
Who is my "claimant"?
A claimant is the person who is providing evidence of the establishment of permanent legal residence in Florida.
*For independent students, the claimant is the student. Documentation substantiating independent status will be required. (Please see the Proving Financial Independence Section )
*The claimant can be the student's spouse (marriage certificate required). (Please see " Special Categories " section for more information.)