Family Success Conference
The How to FAU Family Success Conference is for incoming families interested in learning how to support their college student. As a student begins their collegiate journey, families find that the change from family member to guide/mentor becomes challenging. This program aims to provide additional support to families who are interested in learning how to best assist their college student. Registration information coming soon.
Learning Outcomes for Family Success Conference
- Recognize the needs of students at to FAU as they begin their FAU experience including classes and available academic support resources.
- Become successful facilitators for their college student through the understanding of how to help students at FAU.
- Learn how your student is growing and maturing into independent adults.
- Understand the residential education curriculum and how families play a role in the development of student living.
- Become informed on campus safety and how to assist your student in safety, self-awareness and campus resources.
- Gain a better understanding of familial mentorship to college student through interactive conversation
- Assist students in developing a plan for student involvement/engagement and career planning
This program is FREE for families to attend. We look forward to seeing you!
Next Family Success Conference coming in December 2019!
Information coming soon!