Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Graduate Student Scholarship
- Fall Term Applications are due by June 1, at 5 p.m.
- Spring Term Applications are due by October 1, at 5 p.m., and
- Summer Term Applications are due by March 1, at 5 p.m.
Florida Atlantic University (FAU) has established a scholarship for international students who are citizens of Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) countries, who would like to pursue a master’s, or doctoral degree in an engineering or computer science degree program.
Participating LAC Countries:
In order to qualify for the LAC scholarship, students must:
- Be admitted to FAU and the Graduate College.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- Have a minimum GRE and TOEFL score required by the program to which the student is applying.
- Enroll as a full-time student.
The award is an established scholarship that is offered on the basis of existing policies and guidelines, and the selection process is open and competitive. Details of the FAU-LAC scholarship are as follows:
- The scholarship will be provided for the duration of the student’s degree, subject to availability of funds, as long as the student enrolls full-time and is in good standing with the University.
- Students that have completed the minimum number of credits required for their program are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Student recipients will also be considered as Florida Residents for tuition purposes only, under the provisions of Section 1009.21(10) (e) of the Florida Statutes.
- Student recipients of the LAC scholarship will receive $500 per semester, (fall, spring and summer).
- Scholarship eligibility will be verified each semester.
In 2018/19, the reduction in tuition due to student reclassification as a Fla. resident is US $623.80 per graduate credit hour x 24 credits which is equal to US $14,971.20. In 2018/19, the LAC scholarship has a value of $500 per semester x 3 semesters which equals US $1,500, plus the US $14,971.20 in tuition reduction, for a total annual cost savings of $16,471.20.