Department of Teaching and Learning
K-12 Online Certificate
Incorporate the latest technology and instruction strategies into online and hybrid K-12 classrooms. Covid-19 pandemic has changed how parents view the educational options for their children. K-12 online organizations are preparing for increased growth into their online classes. Teachers are also wanting to be better prepared when school districts migrate to online instruction due to weather events or local flue outbreaks. The coursework in this certificate gives teachers the tools they need to be effective teachers regardless of delivery mode.
How to Apply
- Fill out internal application at Enrollment Request (Instructional Technology Certificate Enrollment Request)
- Are you currently enrolled in an FAU graduate program?
- Consult with your advisor and register for courses
If you are not currently in an FAU graduate program:
- Apply here as a non-degree student (FAU - Non-Degree Registration)
- Once you are accepted, register for courses the week before the semester begins.
Possible Career Paths with a K-12 Online Teaching Certificate
- Teach K-12 courses online
- Create a pathway in the Master of Instructional Technology Program (FAU | Master's Degree (M.Ed.) in Instructional Technology) for more opportunities
- Information Sheet
- Cost of Attendance at FAU (Look at Graduate Cost) Cost of Attendance | Florida Atlantic University (fau.edu)) Online classes have an additional $30 fee.
Boca 561-297-3570 Davie 954-236-1028 Jupiter 561-799-8135