Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Graduate Program at FAU
ABAI ® Verified Course Sequence
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) has a long-standing history of solving problems of social and practical importance. Hallmarks of ABA include the design and implementation of assessment procedures and intervention strategies to teach new behavior that is socially valued, and replace behavior that is problematic for individuals and society. Behavior analysts fulfill a vital role in the community, and the demand for qualified and well-trained professionals is high. Board Certified Behavior Analysts are frequently employed to work or consult in schools, early intervention agencies, community and residential settings, and universities. The ABA Program at Florida Atlantic University is housed in the Department of Exceptional Student Education. This course sequence is approved by the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI ®) and meets the coursework requirements to apply for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst ® Certification Examination. Additional requirements by the BACB®, include supervision, degree status, and examination, and can found on their website at www.bacb.com.
Students enroll in ABA courses as non-degree objective students, or as part of their course requirements for the master’s degree or doctoral degree in Exceptional Student Education. The Department has an ABA program advisor, and program orientations are available for all students pursuing behavior analytic training at FAU.
ABA Program Course Sequence:
We offer six graduate courses in ABA.
- EEX 5612 Applied Behavior Analysis (Spring, Fall)
- EEX 6602 Behavior Change and Management Strategies (Summer)
- EEX 6609 Behavior Analytic Teaching (Spring)
- EEX 6615 Behavior Assessment and Intervention Selection (Fall)
- EEX 7618 Advanced Applied Behavior Analysis (Spring)
- EEX 6747 Ethics in ABA (Summer)
- State of Florida Certification Standards for Exceptional Student Education (ESE)
- Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (EAP)
- Behavior Analyst Task List-Fourth Edition
- Behavior Analyst Certification Board Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts
ABAI® Verified Course Sequence Provider:
FAU’s ABA coursework is an approved Verified Course Sequence (VCS). A VCS is a sequence of courses that has been verified by the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) as meeting specific faculty and coursework standards. Students are able to take the ABA academic coursework through the ESE ABA concentration or as non-degree.
Students are responsible for obtaining the required field experience; however, FAU staff may provide guidance for students to obtain opportunities to fulfill this requirement. Following completion of academic coursework and supervision, students will still need to pass the BACB® examination. More information about certification requirements can be found at www.bacb.com.
CLICK HERE to review FAU’s exam pass rates.
For more information about Verified Course Sequences, please visit: www.bacb.com/verified-course-sequences/
Please note: Pass-rate data are not published for sequences with fewer than six first-time candidates in a single year or for sequences within their first four years of operation.
Furthering your Education:
Students completing this ABA certification area and who wish to further their education could integrate these courses into a Master’s Degree Program in the Department of Exceptional Student Education. These courses could count toward the ESE Master’s Concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
ESE Department Contact Person for ABA:
Elisa Cruz-Torres, BCBA-D
Visiting Assistant Professor
Forms and links for ABA:
- FAU Non-degree seeking application
- For information on our graduate degree programs (Masters or Doctoral Degree) in ESE, please contact the Department at (561) 297-3280 or visit http://wise.fau.edu/graduate/ .
- Behavior Analyst Certification Board® www.bacb.com