Non-Degree Seeking Students
How to Register As a Non-Degree Seeking Student in Adult and Community Education to Obtain Certification
STATE REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
6a-4.008 Specialization Requirements for Certification in Administration of Adult Education--Administrative Class.
To be eligible for certification in Administration of Adult Education, an applicant shall complete the requirements specified below:
- Hold a professional certificate covering elementary or secondary administration, educational leadership, school principal, or career and technical director as specified in Rule 6A-4.004, F.A.C;
- Submit verification of three (3) years of full-time teaching experience as specified in Rule 6A-4.002(5)(a), FAC., and
- Complete one (1) of the following plans:
Plan One. Hold a master's or higher degree with a graduate degree major in administration of adult education, or
Plan Two. Hold a master's or higher degree with a graduate degree major in educational administration, administration and supervision, or educational leadershipstrong> and complete at least six (6) semester hours of graduate credit as specified below:
- Three (3) semester hours in organization and administration of adult education, [FAU EDLRM ACE COURSE: ADE 6265 ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION OF ADULT EDUCATION] and
- 2. Three (3) semester hours in principles of adult education, adult education curriculum [FAU ELRM ACE COURSE: ADE 6184 PROGRAM AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT IN ADULT EDUCATION], supervision of adult education, or methods and materials in adult instruction [FAU EDLRM ACE COURSE: ADE 6381 ADULT LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT] or
- Nine (9) semester hours in school administration which includes at least three (3) semester hours in organization and administration of adult education [FAU EDLRM ACE COURSE: ADE 6265 ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION OF ADULT EDUCATION],
- Three (3) semester hours in basic school supervision or supervision of adult education [FAU ELRM ACE: ADE 5185 Adult/Community Education in a Changing Society], and/or [FAU ELRM ACE COURSE: ADE 6381 ADULT LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT (Preferred)]
- Six (6) semester hours in curriculum which includes at least three (3) semester hours in adult education curriculum [FAU ELRM ACE COURSE: ADE 6184 PROGRAM AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT IN ADULT EDUCATION], or
Specific Authority 1001.02, 1012.55, 1012.56, 1012.56 FS. Law Implemented 1001.02, 1012.55, 1012.56 FS. History–Amended 4-20-64, 4-8-68, 7-7-68, 4-11-70, 6-17-74, Revised 8-17-74, Repromulgated 12-5-74, Amended 7-1-79, Formerly 6A-4.08, Amended 10-31-88, 2-20-17.
ADMISSION TO FAU
If you have been enrolled during the last 12 months:
You are admitted; you only have to register online. You can also register in person in any of the FAU Registrar’s Office, OR at http://www.fau.edu/registrar/
If you have NOT been enrolled during the last 12 months:
Get the “admission” part done at least 14 days before class starts. In case you were an FAU student once, you may still be in the system; try https://myfau.fau.edu/. If you are, you may be required to complete new forms for residency and/or immunization. To check, please contact 561.297.3050 or Email: email@example.com.
HOW TO GET ADMITTED:
Online, go to http://www.fau.edu/registrar/registration/non-degree.php
(For questions, contact FAU Registrar’s Office at 561.297.3050 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org). A non-degree application fee of $30.00 (non-refundable) must accompany your application (acceptable payment methods - credit card, check or money order).
Note: If you are a New non-degree-seeking student or, a non-degree seeking student that have not been enrolled at FAU within the last 12 months, you are required to complete the enrollment application packet, which includes your immunization records (if not already on file) and mail to the addresses listed on the application form.
Go to http://www.fau.edu/registrar/forms.php#nondegree to complete the Non-Degree Application Form; the Florida Residency Declaration for Tuition Purposes; and for verification of immunization records (unless all of your courses are being taken online).
You will be assigned an FAU e-mail account. This will be the primary mode of contact between the University and you.
USE FAU SELF-SERVICE
- To register for classes Online, go to http://myfau.fau.edu. Login using your Username and Password. If you have problems logging in, please contact FAU’s Help Desk at 561-297-3999.
- You may also pay your TUITION and FEES using a credit card or bank account, or by mailing a check to the Cashier’s Office (561-297-3105) prior to payment deadline date.
Be sure to check FAU’s Registration schedule for deadline dates at http://www.fau.edu/registrar/registration/schedule.php