Purchasing Card Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if my credit card is declined at point-of-purchase?
You should contact Bank of America at the number on the back of your card. You can also contact the Purchasing Card Administrator at 561-297-2917 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Purchases may be declined for a variety of reasons including your overall credit limit, the single transaction threshold, the type of merchant or commodity, or a cautionary hold placed on the card.
Under what circumstances might my card be declined?
Your card will be declined if:
- You have exceeded your designated single purchase or monthly credit limit(s).
- You attempt to use the card for a blocked merchant or commodity category.
- There is a cautionary hold placed on your card.
Will I encounter questions concerning the tax-free status of my purchases?
The card itself should be sufficient identification to allow you to make tax free purchases in the state of Florida, however, there are vendors who will want to have you fill out a standard form that their business requires. Wallet size tax exemption certificates are available at the following link: https://www.fau.edu/controller/documents/tax-services/tax-exempt-certificate-2018.pdf
What do I do if I am charged tax?
If you are still at the place of purchase, ask the merchant to correct the charge. If you have left the place of purchase or if the merchant refuses to credit the tax, you may still make the purchase on an exception basis. You will need to document your receipt as such. Please do not pay the sales tax back via personal reimbursement on Touchnet.
Should I give the vendor my "bill to" or "ship to" addresses?
Instruct the vendor to ship to the appropriate FAU location (do not use Central Receiving). Each address should include a contact person’s name, University street address, building and room number, city, state and zip code. Never use your home address as the “ship-to” location. If a purchase needs to be shipped out of state or to a non-FAU address, please contact the pCard Administrator to obtain approval.
How will making purchases with the Purchasing Card affect the University's supplier diversity business statistics?
Spending with certified small/minority/women-owned vendors using a purchasing card will be tracked using the University's ERP system.
- What do I do if a charge shows that I did not make? Contact Bank of America at the number on the back of the card. Please have your account number ready, along with any relevant information.
8. What would happen if I used my pCard to make a personal purchase? We understand that mistakes can happen. Please notify the pCard Administrator when you notice your error to receive further instruction.
9. I am trying to activate my pCard and it is not working? When you call to activate your pCard, you will be prompted for a verification ID. The verification ID is your FAU Z number. Enter a "9" in the place of the "Z", plus the remaining digits of your Z number. If this does not work, please leave off the "9" and "Z" and enter only the numbers. If you are asked to create a new PIN number, simply enter a 4-digit number of your choice. The billing phone number associated with your pCard is 561- 297-3122 and the billing zip code is 33431. You may need this information when setting up new accounts or purchasing.
10. What do I do if my card is lost or stolen ? If you discover that the card is missing after business hours, contact Bank of America loss prevention immediately at 1-888-449-2273. Typically your card will be closed and a new card issued. Please email email@example.com to expect your new card.
11. What to do if I am terminating employment with FAU or changing departments? If terminating employment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your last day. Please expense any outstanding charges before your last day and ensure expense reports are approved. There is no need to return the card to us and you can destroy your card. If changing departments, please advise us of your last day in your current department however you do not need to close your account. Your TAG number will update in Workday when your change is processed.
For additional questions/comments, please contact email@example.com