National Model United Nations (NMUN)
|YEAR||Top Finishing University||Outstanding||Distinguished||Honorable||2nd Place||3rd Place|
|2009||Texas at Dallas||1||0||0||Manhattan/Boulder|
|2007||UC Boulder||1||0||1||Victor||Boston C.|
University Rankings, NMUN-DC, 2007- 2020
The rank of universities is determined by the number of Outstanding Delegation awards received. Tie breakers are as follows:
- Distinguished Delegation Awards
- Honorable Mention Awards
- Outstanding Delegate in Committee Awards
- Position Paper Awards
Criteria: The Secretariat uses the awards criteria outlined on the NMUN webpage to select award recipients. Each element – remaining in character, participating in committee, and proper use of the rules of procedure – is equally important to the overall awards determination process. All committees are weighted equally and delegations are rated on a mathematical formula in relation to the total number of committees represented by the individual Member State.
Types of Awards Given to Delegations:
- Overall Delegation Awards (Outstanding, Distinguished, and Honorable Mention) are based on work at NMUN.
- Outstanding Position Paper Awards are given to recognize pre-conference preparation.
- Outstanding Delegates in Committee Awards are selected by vote of the delegates in each committee.