Jeffrey Morton to Present Lecture Series on U.S. Foreign Policy
by FAU College of Arts and Letters | Monday, Mar 14, 2016
Florida Atlantic University's Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters will host a series of six lectures titled "U.S. Foreign Policy 2016," presented by Jeffrey Morton, Ph.D., foreign policy association fellow and FAU professor of political science. The lectures will take place in the University Theatre, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus on Mondays beginning March 21 from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Cost for the entire series is $68, which includes parking, and single lecture tickets are $25. Series tickets can be purchased at 561-297-6124 or at the Box Office in FAU's Student Union, while single lecture tickets can be purchased at the door upon availability.
The topics of the six lectures are:
- Yemen - March 21 - A nation stricken by a multi-sided conflict.
- Germany - April 4 - Can Germany keep the European nations together?
- Thailand - April 11 - A quiet U.S. ally in Southeast Asia.
- Libya - April 18 - Will Libya ever sort out its affairs?
- Belgium - May 2 - Europe's new epicenter for terrorism.
- Philippines - May 9 - The United States' former colonial possession is challenged politically, economically and strategically.