Interested in Becoming a Peer Academic Coach?
We are currently not hiring, but hope you will join us for the 2022-2023 season - stay tuned!
We would love to have you join our team! As a Peer Academic Coach (PAC), you support the academic transition of students to FAU through individualized academic coaching and by assisting in first-year courses, like the First-Generation Section of SLS 1410: FAU iSucceed. PACs support students by contributing to class discussions; by responding to student reflections; by making personalized recommendations regarding campus resources; by encouraging engagement on-campus and in the community; by helping students develop study, time management, and other academic success skills; and, by modeling responsible and healthy decision-making.
- Degree-seeking Undergraduate or Graduate Student.
- Maintain a 2.8 or higher GPA.
- First-Generation College Student preferred, not required.
- $14.25 per hour.
- Work 8-10 hours per week.
- Paid training, team meetings, and class/workshop planning time
- Collaboration with a dynamic and selective group of student leaders
If you are interested in the position, please complete the following:
- Submit your PAC application (PAC Application for Undergraduate Students or PAC Application for Graduate Students)
- Edit your resume and a cover letter (outlining the following: your motivation for becoming a Peer Academic Coach, what you would bring to the position/team, how this experience will benefit your future career, and whether or not you are First-Generation). Make sure to attach these documents in the Attachments section of the application.
- Email a copy of your Unofficial Transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PAC Application” in the subject line. This document can be found online through the FAU self-service link on your MyFAU account.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the PAC supervisor, Monica Martinez at email@example.com