The Mission of the Dr. Daniel B. Weppner Center for Civic Engagement and Service (WCCES) is to develop partnerships between the university and community, providing service opportunities to faculty, staff and students; and to promote the link between the curriculum and service fostering civic awareness.
The vision of the WCCES is to foster future leaders through civic responsibility and community service.
4 Pillars of WCCES
Leadership Providing opportunities to discover the potential within
Dedication Strengthening commitment to address the needs of our society
Unity Connecting resources to promote change
Service Fostering volunteer involvement to generate outcomes
Services and Programs
- Volunteering & Academic Service-Learning (A S-L) Advising and Referral
- Recording Volunteer and A S-L Hours on Transcript
- Volunteer Service Cord for Graduation with Approval
- Planning Community Service Events
- Civic Awareness Promotion
- Community Garden
- Alternative Spring Break