VA Chapter 31 and Chapter 33 – Assessment of Late Fees
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), Florida Atlantic University adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. Florida Atlantic University will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
- Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Form 28-1905 by the Last Day to Add/Drop class (per Academic Calendar);
- Submit a request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.