k, we answer
Frequently Asked Questions
All entering freshmen or transfer students with less than 60 credits must fulfill the university's Intellectual Foundations Program (IFP) requirements as part of their pursuit of the baccalaureate degree. While the IFP courses do not necessarily relate to the major, they do provide a foundation of knowledge that all well-educated students should possess. The IFP is comprised of a total of 36 credit hours.
- 6 hours of Foundations of Written Communication
- 6 hours of Foundations of Society & Human Behavior
- 6 hours of Foundations of Science & the Natural World
- 6 hours of Foundations of Mathematics & Quantitative Reasoning
- 6 hours of Foundations of Global Citizenship
- 6 hours of Foundations of Creative Expression
For more information, consult University Advising Services or the FAU undergraduate catalog.
If you are an incoming freshman, you must first complete OARS, your online advising (click here). Once your OARS form is approved, your freshman advising hold (the UN hold) will be removed and you will be eligible to register (once all your other holds are removed as well). You will register for classes by logging into MyFAU (https://myfau.fau.edu).
A Registration Video Tutorial is available on the University Advising Services homepage. http://www.fau.edu/uas/registration.php