The FAU Testing Center does not offer this exam
Please contact the following individuals for information regarding the FLATS requirements and test opportunities
“If you wish to take a FLATS exam to meet a requirement at Florida Atlantic University, you must contact Dr. Marcella Munson, Chair, Depart of Languages, Linguistics, and Comparative Literatures (email@example.com). If in the Harriet Wilkes Honors College, contact Dr. Miguel Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foreign Language Achievement Testing Service (FLATS) is a computerized multiple-choice language examination designed by Brigham Young University (BYU) to cover the knowledge and skills that would be acquired during the first three semesters of the college-level language courses. It has three testing areas: listening, reading, and formal grammar. There is no speaking portion.
- FLATS FEE: $50.00 paid directly to BYU via the official FLATS website: https://flats.byu.edu
- Test Preparation: Preparation materials are not available.
- For more information contact your advisor.
- There are two fees associated with this test, a test administration fee of 18.50, and an exam fee of $50.
- You must create an account with BYU to pay the $50 testing fee prior to scheduling your exam. Both fees must be paid before arriving at the test center. The name you register with MUST match EXACTLY to the government issued ID that will be presented on test day.
- Retakes - You must wait 6 Months to retake FLATS
- The scores reporting process takes approximately 2-3 weeks.
- All testing fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and the test may not be rescheduled.
Test Center Regulations
Examinee are required to be professional, civil and respectful at all time on the premises of the Test Center. All exams are continuously monitored by video and audio recording, physical walk-through, and through the observation window. The Test Center Staff is authorized to dismiss you from the test session for violation of any Test Center Regulations, including exhibiting abusive behavior towards the Test Center Staff or other examinees. There will be a brief security check upon entry to test room.
What to Bring
- You must bring one form of identification. It must be a government-issued, valid photo ID with signature, matching exactly the name you used when registering and on your ID. NO EXCEPTIONS. Listed below are the only acceptable forms of photo identification :
- Current driver's license
- State Approved ID
- Current Passport
- Tribal ID card
- Military ID
- You MUST bring your payment Exam Registration Ticket from FLATS in order to test.
- Bring your email receipt sent to you by Prepblast.
- You must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your testing time. Please be prompt. No late arrivals will be admitted.