How to Apply
If you are considering applying to FAU, we recommend reading through each of the steps, and the detailed explanation of each step before starting with the application process.
Applying for the Bachelor of Urban Design degree consists of 5 simple steps:
Step 1: Complete The Application
You can apply using the online application form on our secure server.
You must have a valid United States Social Security Number (SSN) in order to submit the FAU Online Undergraduate Application.
If you do not have a United States Social Security number, you will need to enter in all zeros (000-00-0000) for the social security number. The Admissions Office will provide you with a valid student number for the processing of your application.
Applications and all supporting materials and test scores must be received by the dates below for consideration. Late applications will automatically be processed for the next term.
|Freshmen||June 1||October 15||March 15|
|Transfer||July 1||November 15||April 15|
|International||April 1||October 1||March 1|
Step 2: Send Official Transcripts
Request official transcripts to be sent to Florida Atlantic University from all high schools you have attended, OR from all colleges or universities you have attended and from your secondary school(s). We request that your current name and Social Security Number be added to your record if necessary. Once received, all transcripts and test scores become the sole property of the university.
- If you are a beginning freshman or transfer applicant with less than 60 semester hours of transferable academic credit, have your high school forward your official secondary school record to FAU.
- If you have attempted any education or training either as dual enrollment in high school or after high school, ask each institution to forward an official transcript of your academic record. Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the institution or forwarded electronically. Only Florida public high schools, community colleges and state universities can have your transcripts and test scores sent electronically.
- If you have completed high school by GED, you must provide an official copy of test scores (in addition to your partial high school transcript).
- Transfer students who completed 2 years of the same foreign language in high school must submit official high school transcripts in order to fulfill the foreign language entry requirement.
Florida Atlantic University
Office of Admissions
777 Glades Road
P.O. Box 3091
Student Support Services - SU80
Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
Step 3: Submit Test Results
High School Seniors:
We require either SAT or ACT standardized test scores. To have SAT scores sent to Florida Atlantic University contact College Board at www.collegeboard.com or at (609) 771-7600. FAU's SAT school code number is 5229. To have ACT scores sent contact American College Testing Program at www.act.org or (319) 337-1313. FAU's ACT school code number is 0729.
If you have more than 60 credits, all applicants must present a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on all attempted college work and applicants must be in good academic standing at their last attended institution.
Fewer than 60 credits, all applicants must also meet all freshman admissions requirements as stated in the freshman admissions section.
Step 4: Enclose Application Fee
The application fee of $30 must be in U.S. currency. Fee can be paid by credit card, check, or money order. Check or money order should be made payable to Florida Atlantic University and must be drawn on a U.S. bank; U.S. postal money orders, international money orders or U.S. traveler's checks are acceptable. If you wish to pay by credit card, please click here.
Please print off the last page of the application (FAU Undergraduate Admission Application Post Checklist) or on a separate piece of paper include your name, your social security number and session id number, and include the $30.00 application fee (if required, and not done by credit card).
Mail all required documents from the previous steps to:
Florida Atlantic University,
Office of Admissions
777 Glades Road, P.O. Box 3091
Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
Step 5: Staying In Contact With Us
Staying in contact with the Admissions Office will help us serve your needs throughout the application and enrollment process.
- email@example.com or call us:
- Main telephone number: (561) 297-3040
- Fax number: (561) 297-2758
Once you have been accepted for admission into the university, it is strongly recommeded that you contact your academic advisor and program coordinator to assist you developing the best possible program to suit your needs. Contacts for this program can be found below.
For any questions regarding the Bachelor of Urban Design degree program, please contact Versel Reid (Academic Advisor) at 954-762-5158. You may also request more information by filling out the form found here. Someone will contact you within 48 hours.