The Division of Student Affairs will be a leader in providing comprehensive and integrated campus life programs and services. We will cultivate a student-centered environment contributing to students becoming socially responsible global citizens with an enduring connection to the University.
The Division of Student Affairs will provide programs, services and facilities to promote academic success and student development.
The Mission of Student Affairs is accomplished by:
- Developing programs, services and facilities guided by best practices in each functional area.
- Utilizing data to assess student learning, thereby improving programs and services.
- Securing state of the art technological and physical facilities resources.
- Collaborating with students, faculty, staff and external stakeholders.
- Creating, maintaining and disseminating assessments of Florida Atlantic University culture to guide departmental, divisional and campus decision making processes.
- Recruiting, retaining and developing a highly qualified diverse staff.
- Integrating outcome assessments, continuous program improvements, and budget development into an ongoing strategic planning process.
We're All About Students
The Division of Student Affairs core values are:
Core Value Statements:
- We are timely in providing programs, services and facilities to meet the needs of our ever-changing student body.
- We remain current on student issues, concerns, professional practices, and expectations by participating in local and national staff development programs and activities.
- We incorporate student feedback and current research to create, refine, and effectively provide distinctive programs, services and facilities that support the academic success of students.
- We actively seek opportunities to cultivate relationships, develop common goals, and engage in partnerships that enhance student experiences.
- We value our committment to the University by serving as role models for current and prospective students in support of its mission and purpose.
- We provide leadership for the future of Student Affairs and the University.
- We maintain the highest professional, social and personal standards of conduct.
- We value and promote an inclusive environment that respects and embraces individual rights and differences.