The International Student Services Office provides immigration advising and assistance with transitioning to life in the U.S. and at FAU. Some of the services we offer include:
- Current information on immigration responsibilities and upcoming changes in immigration regulations
- I-20 preparation for current students
- DS-2019 preparation for all J-1 students, scholars, and interns
- Travel and re-entry
- Medical insurance requirements
- Social security, tax and driver’s license information
- Cultural adjustment and personal concerns
- Letters confirming enrollment, status, and/or tuition amounts
- Departmental information related to international students and scholars
- Forms and guidelines for the J Exchange Visitor Program
- Information about diversity and multicultural opportunities on campus.
If you plan to travel outside the U.S. for the holidays, please check your travel documents: valid passport, valid F or J visa, and signed I-20 or DS-2019 for you and your dependents. If your visa has expired and you have questions about the renewal process, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You need a current travel signature on page 3 of your I-20 (received within the last 12 months). To obtain a travel signature please drop off your I-20 to ISSS at least 3 business days prior to the desired travel date.
I-94 Automation Procedure: Paper I-94 cards are no longer issued at airports upon arrival in the U.S. Your arrival/departure records are now electronically maintained. Upon returning from an international trip, go to www.cbp.gov/I94 to print a copy of your I-94 record.
Address Updates: Please check your MyFAU screen and update the SEVIS local and SEVIS foreign addresses if necessary. Also, fill out the Change of Address Form and submit to ISSS in person or via email (email@example.com). You must update your address within 10 days from the date you move.
Full-time Enrollment for F and J students: You must be enrolled full time for at least 12 credits (undergraduate) or 9 credits (graduate). Exceptions must be reviewed and approved by ISSS via the Reduced Course Load (RCL) Form. The RCL form must be submitted to our office by. If you already submitted an RCL form to ISSS and you did not receive a confirmation of approval, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are enrolled full-time, do not withdraw from a course without checking with ISSS first. Withdrawing from a course may result in falling out of status. Also, remember that you can only take one course (three credit hours) fully online towards your full-time load
Academic Calendar: Please review the FAU 2013-2014 Academic Calendar and take note of important dates such drop/add dates, paying for courses, and graduation application deadlines.