CORE: STUDENT EMPLOYEE GUIDE
Welcome and thank you for your assistance in the onboarding process and development of our student employees in the Division of Student Affairs. Here is your guide to navigating the required Core Training as a student employee supervisor within the division.
Core consists of the following training components:
- Leadership Mini Institute (1 hour)
- Career Readiness (1 hour)
- Importance of Title IX for Student Employees (1 hour)
- Bystander Intervention (1 hour)
- ADL Campus of Difference Diversity Training (4 hours)
- Kognito: Identifying & Assisting At-Risk Students (Online)
Attend a Core Training Day. Click to see dates/times and to register.
Once you know how you will be completing the trainings, please confirm with your supervisor.
In addition to the in-person trainings sessions all student employees are required to complete one online training called KOGNITO AT RISK FOR STUDENTS.
In this training, you will learn to recognize signs of psychological stress in fellow students and understand how to approach at-risk students and connect them to appropriate resources both on and off campus.
Please follow the instructions below to complete this component:
- Go to https://kognitocampus.com/login
- Create a New Account
- Use enrollment key: fau561
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Choose your course and click "LAUNCH"
- Upon completion, please provide a copy of your certificate of completion to your direct supervisor. This can be done through email or printing a hard copy.
FAQ - Have a Question?
Yes, you will be compensated for the time spent in training.
You will still be able to complete the training. Be sure to communicate with your supervisor to figure out the date and time you will complete the training.
Please reach out to your direct supervisor with any questions about the training.