Mission and Core Values
The Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management aspires to ignite purpose and passion in our students to become socially responsible and globally engaged leaders. We will challenge ourselves and our students to accept and act upon our responsibility to be role models who learn and act to create meaningful and impactful change at FAU and beyond.
From recruitment to graduation, we create inclusive, diverse and transformative learning environments through innovative and quality programs, services and holistic support. Our outcomes-based approach to learning and development equips students with essential skills and tools to achieve academic success, personal well-being, and meaningful careers.
The Mission of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management is accomplished by:
- Developing programs, services and facilities guided by best practices in each functional area.
- Utilizing data to assess student learning, thereby improving programs and services.
- Securing state of the art technological and physical facilities resources.
- Collaborating with students, faculty, staff and external stakeholders.
- Creating, maintaining and disseminating assessments of Florida Atlantic University culture to guide departmental, divisional and campus decision making processes.
- Recruiting, retaining and developing a highly qualified diverse staff.
- Integrating outcome assessments, continuous program improvements, and budget development into an ongoing strategic planning process.
A process of providing students with quality and essential resources, holistic support and diverse experiences that lead to personal growth, well-being, graduation and meaningful careers.
We're All About Students
The Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management core values are:
- Diversity: Intentional awareness and inclusion
- Innovation: Striving for creative solutions and continuous improvement
- Integrity: Accountability to divisional goals and professional standards
- Collaboration: Shared programs, services, and governance to achieve maximum benefit
- Leadership: Students, staff, structures, by teaching, learning, acting...model the way
- Wellness: Care for self, care for others, care for community