My name is Katie Morris and I am your current Student Body Vice President, as well as the chair of the Undergraduate Travel Committee. Being a student myself, I understand the rigorous process that is entailed in requesting approval for traveling with a student organization or simply for your own personal development. However, the Travel Committee is striving to alleviate the difficulty of requesting funds and to make this process as smooth and timely as possible. Therefore, I want to encourage you to travel and represent our University in the best way possible way and we appreciate the hard work and dedication that you have put into becoming the best student you can be at Florida Atlantic University. As always, Go Owls!
Student Body Vice President
Florida Atlantic University
1. 4 weeks prior to your planned departure date, you must submit the forms listed at the bottom of this page to your appropriate Student Affairs Department on your respective campus listed below. The travel checklist must be included as the cover to your application.
Boca Raton Campus:
Sports Club, Campus Recreation, Building 91, 103
Fraternity and Sorority Life Organization, Building 31, 218
Any other Student Organization, Building 31, 203J
Individual Student Travel, SG, Building 31, 215
Davie Campus: Davie Student Union, 203
Jupiter Campus: Building SR 151, MC03
2. All travel arrangements must be made through Marathon Travel, unless a lower price with another carrier or service can be proven.
3. Upon obtaining approval for travel funds by the funding board, the travel requests forms must be submitted to Associate Vice President and Dean of Students Office by the appropriate department prior to when travel is needed.
4. The University-wide Student Travel Committee will review and make a decision on the travel request within 2 business days. This decision may be appealed within 5 business days.
5. Within 5 business days of your return, schedule an appointment to submit all original documentation and related travel documents to the SG Accounting and Budget Office.
6. Students upon return from student travel must showcase or make a presentation on what they learn at an academic/professional development conferences decided by the designated/representative office.
7. University funds only authorize payment of room cost and related taxes (out of state travel).
For more information please read the Student Travel Procedure Agreement.
1. STUDENT TRAVEL POLICY
(please read the travel policy before you submit the forms)
8. After travel, please fill out and bring the following forms to Boca Raton Campus - Student Union- Room 22, within 10 business days.
1. EXPENSE JUSTIFICATION FORM