+ Larger Font | + Smaller Font
MASTER OF ARTS IN COMMUNICATION STUDIES
Applications for graduate study must be submitted online and are available on the Graduate College website. Deadlines for submitting completed applications are July 1st for Fall admission (April 1st for international applicants), November 1st for Spring Admission (October 1st for international students), and March 1st for all applicants interested in obtaining a teaching assistantship. We do not admit students to the graduate program in the summer. Further information about the program and assistantships can be acquired by contacting the Graduate Program Coordinator, Dr. Fred Fejes.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. An undergraduate specialization in communication is not a requirement for admission into the SCMS M.A. program.
- A minimum of 3.0 grade point average in the last 60 undergraduate credit hours attempted.
- A combined score of 1000 or higher on the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE (Graduate Record Exam). A minimum of 4.0 on the analytical writing section of the GRE is also required.
- A completed online application form submitted to the Graduate College.
- Submission of a 500 word essay articulating the applicant’s areas of scholarly interest and compatibility of those interests with the M.A. program in the SCMS.
- Submission of two (2) letters of recommendation from sources qualified to evaluate the applicant’s preparation for graduate study. Academic recommendations are preferred.
- Applicants are also encouraged to submit a sample of their scholarly work. This is optional.
- Each international applicant must also meet the additional requirements listed on the Graduate College website.