Click here to register for all Florida SBDC at FAU education.
Training, Workshops and Seminars
The Florida SBDC Network provides online and in-person educational training that covers current and practical information on business topics ranging from the basics to advanced business management skills.
Executive level workshops, seminars and conferences provide current and practical information on business topics ranging from the basics to more advanced business growth, success skills, cyber security and business continuity. Instructors include business consultants, faculty, government and private-sector professionals.
Secrets to Success in Sales: Everything DiSC (Service Industry)
Mon 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
3 sessions ending Mon, Nov 23
Facilitated by SBDC at FAU: Serving Broward and Palm Beach Counties
Topic: Marketing and Sales
Join the Florida SBDC at FAU in an online workshop series designed to increase your sales. Learn how to prospect consistently, connect with your customers, understand your DiSC sales style and more.
This workshop is a 3-part event 11/9/2020, 11/16/2020 and 11/23/2020. Targeted towards service industry.
As part of the series, each participant will complete an Everything DiSC Sales assessment.
11/9 - Part 1: Prospect for Business
- Identify the key reluctance that prevent proactive, daily prospecting activity
- Align self-talk and personal psychology to prospect consistently
- Replace habits that may be hindering new business development and impacting results
- Create an action plan to increase your prospecting activities and close more business
After Part 1, each participant will be sent a link to take the DiSC assessment before the next webinar session. This takes 10-15 minutes.
11/16 - Part 2: Understand Your DiSC Sales Style
- Discover the Everything DiSC Sales Map
- Learn the priorities of your DiSC sales style
- Examine your sales strengths and challenges
- Explore how your buying style may affect how you perceive customers
11/23 - Part 3: Adapt to Your Customers'’' DiSC Style
- Identify your customers on the DiSC Sales Map to understand what drives them
- Use the DiSC Sales Map to learn how to adapt to your customers’ DiSC style
- Create a plan to improve sales interactions with specific customers
This event has a maximum of 16 attendees
If we reach our maximum we will contact you for upcoming workshops
Pre-requisites: Attendees must be an SBDC client with 3 or more years in business
Not a client yet? Go ahead and register and we will contact you
Fee: No Cost
Pre-register here: https://clients.floridasbdc.org/reg.aspx?mode=event&event=720400419
What's Your Business Really Worth? Obtain Your Business Valuation Report
Thu 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Facilitated by SBDC at FAU: Serving Broward and Palm Beach Counties (Downtown Campus)
Topic: Business Basics
Join the Florida SBDC at FAU as they delve into business valuations including important tools to help business owners get perspective on the overall, financial and operational health of the business and how the business is performing in comparison to other similar businesses.
In this live session you will learn about the documents needed to prepare your business valuation report. Once that is complete you will work with a live consultant to obtain the business valuation report.
Follow up consulting after the event is available.
Must be a client of the SBDC Must be in business 3 or more years
To register as a client please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Speaker(s): Isabel Allemang
Fee: No Cost
Pre-register here: https://clients.floridasbdc.org/reg.aspx?mode=event&event=720400459