Proposed Plan of Action
- Establish a Curriculum Development Grant Program to integrate research and inquiry pedagogies and practices into the general curriculum and honors in the major programs.
- Provide support through additional fellowships and grants for students and faculty to encourage and promote faculty-mentored research and inquiry partnerships.
- Engage faculty and students in professional development through learning communities, peer-mentoring program and workshops
- Promote dissemination of student work through events such as the Undergraduate Research Symposium and other college-specific showcase opportunities.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of existing opportunities in a centralized location for students, faculty and community partners to encourage and promote internships, fellowships and other co-curricular opportunities for students
- Establish new awards (e.g. Faculty Mentor, Undergraduate Student Researcher) to recognize and reward faculty and students engaged inundergraduate research and inquiry
- Establish an Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry and supporting website to serve as a clearinghouse of information and to carry out the QEP and undergraduate research and inquiry mission of the university
- Promote faculty and students participating in undergraduate research and inquiry activities through student and faculty spotlights, showcased through the office of Undergraduate research and inquiry and other university wide websites.