The creative services area within the Office of University Communications has award-winning designers available to work with you on creating the most effective communications material to meet your objectives, budget and schedule.
Below is a list of the types of materials we provide:
- Direct Mail Campaigns
- Email Communications
- Event Materials (programs, invitations, signage, etc.)
- Web Graphics
- Contact the Communications Officer for your college or division.
- Get approvals from those in your area who will need to sign off at any stage of the project.
- Locate possible images from the Photography Database and finalize text to be used.
- Determine the deadline. See project timelines below for guidelines on how long a project might take to complete.
- Begin the Creative Services request by putting in a ticket request with Team Dynamix.
- The Office of University Communications does not provide proofreading/editing services. You are responsible for checking all of the text (spelling, phone numbers, websites, etc.) and ensuring that it follows FAU Editorial Standards.
- Creative Services designers will contact you for a design meeting and will then create a design based on your objectives. Designs will be presented in PDF files via email. Be sure to review all materials/text carefully before submitting to Creative Services for design/layout. After a project is in layout, format and text revisions may delay your timeline.
- While you are reviewing the design, Creative Services will obtain cost estimates and turnaround schedules from outside vendors. Creative Services will choose the best vendor for each project.
Final Approval and Printing
- When the design is approved, The client will obtain a purchase order number for the project through workday. You will be asked to put the PO number on and sign a Print Authorization Form (PAF), which contains all the specifications of the project, the cost and the delivery information. Be sure to review this document carefully before signing.
- All vendor invoices will be sent to the client listed as the contact on the work ticket request.
- Project Timelines
The Design and approval process generally takes 2-3 weeks. This does not include printing time. Turnaround may vary depending upon the nature of the project, if all the necessary elements are provided to Creative Services in a timely manner and how long the approval process takes.
Please use the guide below to plan your project. Timelines listed do not include printing time.
Business Cards/Notecards/Postcards 8 working days Trifold Brochures/Event Programs (new design) 10-15 working days Multiple Page Brochure 15-20 working days Posters 10-15 working days Banners 10-15 working days Reprint (any) 8 working days Reprint w/Revisions 10-15 working days HTML Email Blasts 10-15 working days Web Images/Graphics Three Weeks
Creative Services works with multiple commercial print vendors. Printing generally takes 5-10 business days from the date the project is sent to the vendor to delivery, depending on the project.