OFFICE OF THE PROVOST
New Degree Program Approval Process
New degree programs are implemented according to the guidelines in FAU Regulation 3.002 and Florida Board of Governors Regulation 8.011. Accordingly, the Provost's Office has developed the following policy:
- Policy on New Academic Degree and Other Program Approval
- Memorandum on Revised New Degree Program Proposal Template
Please see below for the appropriate forms and further information:
- Pre-Proposal Form - Updated 8/21/2013
- New Degree Feasibility Study Form
- New Degree Proposal Template
- New Degree Proposal Worksheets
- Proposal Routing Form
- Board of Governors Staff Analysis Checklist
- FAU Degree Programs Currently Under Consideration
Timeline for New Doctoral Degree Implementation
September - Board of Governors (BOG) deadline for submission of proposals for new doctoral degree programs for consideration at the BOG November meeting.
March - BOG deadline for submission of proposals for new doctoral degree programs for consideration at BOG June meeting.