Training & Accreditation
The Florida Atlantic University Police Department strives to achieve professional accountability at the highest level. We strive to be the model University Police Department in the State of Florida and as such we are currently pursuing accreditation through the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
This section is responsible for:
• Maintaining and controlling all critical need training mandated by the state and local law enforcement entities.
• Maintaining all training documents and certifications in the Power Document Management System (PowerDMS) and ATMS.
• Maintaining all uniform, supplies and equipment to include fleet and emergency operations.
• The Department’s voluntary accreditation through the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators.
• Coordinates and compiles data using the Performance Measures matrix for Command Staff meetings.
• Maintains and updates Departmental policies.
• Ensures Departmental compliance with Clery requirements and publishes the Annual Security Report (ASR).
• Maintains all official reports and documents pertaining to police matters on all campuses.
• Submits required reports for UCR.
• Submits required reports to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).