How2FAU Parent Success Conference
Friday, Aug. 18 | 1 - 5 p.m. (12:30 p.m. check-in)
The How2FAU Parent Success Conference is for incoming parents interested in learning how to be of support to their college student. As a student begins their collegiate journey, parents find that the change from parent to guide/mentor becomes challenging. This program aims to provide additional support to parents who are interested in learning how to best assist their college student.
Learning Outcomes for Parent Success Conference
- Recognize the needs of students new to FAU as they begin their FAU experience including classes and available academic support resources.
- Become successful facilitators for their college student through the understanding of how to help students in their first year at FAU.
- Learn how your student is growing and maturing into independent adults.
- Understand the residential education curriculum and how parents play a role in the development of student living.
- Become informed on campus safety and how to assist your student in safety, self-awareness and campus resources.
- Gain a better understanding of parenting a college student through parent to parent conversation
- Assist students in developing a plan for student involvement/engagement and career planning
This program is FREE for parents and families to attend.