Event Day: September 19, 2014 from 1-2 p.m.
Event Day: September 29, 2014 from 1-2 p.m.
Grant Deadline: October 1, 2014 by 5:00 p.m.
How to get Started Workshop a Success!
OURI hosted two workshops last Friday on “How to get Started” in undergraduate research. Over 40 students in attendance learned how to identify research questions and worked on small interactive projects.
Request a Visit from the OURI Peer Mentors!
We are very pleased and excited that you are interested in ways to get your students involved in undergraduate research and inquiry! Peer mentors will present to classes and clubs about the Office and what it offers students. They will gear their presentations towards the group of students in your class and provide information relevant to the group. Presentations can be as short as 10 minutes with a brief overview of the office or as long as an hour with some engaging activities!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org your request, please include
- Date and Time of the presentation
- Location of the presentation
- How long will the mentor have to present? (e.g. 10 minutes, 20 minutes, etc.)
- Number of students
- Brief statement describing the group (e.g. sophomore psychology students, or juniors with a variety of majors, etc.)
- any additional information that may be helpful in organizing a presentation geared towards your students