Paper Deadline: May 12, 2014
Application Deadline: May 30, 2014
The newest showcase from 2013 is now on display on the Jupiter Campus and will be there until May 2, 2014.
The Quality Enhancement Plan
Florida Atlantic University sought reaffirmation of accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) in 2013. The process of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) proposed the enhancement of educational quality at FAU beyond 2013. This focuses on supporting student learning and on accomplishing the mission of our university.
The QEP demonstrates the following:
- Be based on a well demonstrated institutional need, derived from data
- Focus on learning outcomes and/or the environmental supporting student learning. The QEP topic(s) also must relate to and promote the institutional mission.
- Demonstrate that the institution has the resources (financial, instructional, or other) needed for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP.
- Include broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and implementation of the QEP.
- Have well defined goals and a plan to assess their achievement.
Distinction through Discovery
The overall QEP topic that was chosen at FAU is Undergraduate Research and Inquiry. The primary aim of FAU’s QEP is to integrate and expand a culture of research, inquiry and creative activity into our programs here through curricular, co-curricular and honors initiatives.
Faculty, staff and students are currently developing this plan. We established 4 sub-committees: Honors, Curricular, Co-curricular and Student Culture. These sub-committees have established a plan, prioritizing specific items for implementation. Honors Sub-committee: Dr. Jeffrey Buller Curricular Sub-committee: Dr. Jennifer Peluso Co-curricular Sub-committee: Dr. Donna Chamely-Wiik and Dr. Megan Davis Student culture Sub-committee: Mr. Joshua Scholl
Initial Planning and Topic Selection
In fall 2010, the QEP Committee worked with university constituencies – faculty, students, staff, alumni, members of the local community – in encouraging discussions and soliciting ideas through the QEP website. The team provided assistance in identifying data that address institutional needs in the area of student learning. Common themes were identified and were set out to be addressed through the QEP.**Content for this website was adapted from University of Central Florida's QEP website