Abstract Deadline: January 15th, 2016
Application Deadline: EXTENDED to February 19th, 2016
Registration Deadline: January 15th, 2016
The FAU School of Communication and Multimedia Studies is hosting several colloquia throughout the semester. Speakers include Dr. Gerald Sim and Olympia Kiriakou, a Ph.D. candidate from Kings College London. For more information, click here.
Highlight and Communicate Research and Inquiry Opportunities
"Undergraduate research is a proven way to build college student success and drive innovation." -Council on Undergraduate Research
- increases aspirations
- increases core professional competencies
- mentorship and relationships increases student's perception of success
Articles of Interest:
- Hearing: Driving Innovation through Federal Investments
- It Takes More Than a Major: Employer Priorities for College Learning and Student Success
- Engage to Excel: Producing One Million Additional College Graduates with Degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Submit An Undergraduate Research Opportunity
Each week OURI sends out an announcement to the mailing list with upcoming opportunities such as ways for undergraduates to get funded, attend presentations, conferences and workshops, events, and much more. Faculty interested in submitting an undergraduate research opportunity, please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Name and email of faculty mentor
- Name and email of graduate student (if appropriate)
- Project title
- Project description (2-3 line description of what the student will be doing)
- Start date and anticipated end date of project
- Student expectations/qualifications: e.g. course work prerequisites, instrumentation skills, time commitment.
- Deadline for applicants
- Application details: what you want from the student, e.g. CV, research experience, etc.
- web link or flyer with additional information (if available)
Please note: undergraduate students engaged in research projects may require additional research compliance training and certification. For further information please visit the Division of Research website. Additional research compliance information can be found here.
Previous announcements can be seen here.