Abstract Deadline: January 11th, 2017
Event Dates: February 24-25th, 2017
Event Date: March 31st, 2017
OURI Undergraduate Researcher of the Year Award
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry (OURI) invite nominations for the 2016 Undergraduate Researcher of the Year awards. Each year one student from every college will be selected for this award. Students will be recognized at the annual Honors Convocation and receive a $500 stipend.
Nomination Deadline: February 8th, 2017
Eligibility. Students must:
- have participated in at least two semesters of documented faculty-mentored undergraduate research and inquiry at FAU within the past calendar year
- be an actively enrolled student at FAU during the semester the awards are given (Spring 2017) (Note: all research in 2016 must have been conducted as an undergraduate)
- be in good academic standing at FAU
Applications and Review Process
- All applications should be completed on FluidReview by February 8th, 2017
- Applications must be complete to be considered (see application guidelines). Self-nominations are encouraged.
- A committee consisting of faculty, staff, and students will select three student nominees from each college and forward them to the college deans for final selection.
- College deans will be asked to select students for these awards based on student involvement in research, inquiry, or scholarly activities and submit the college awardee to OURI.
- Selected Undergraduate Researchers of the Year will be recognized at the annual Honors Convocation in April.
TimelineFebruary 8th, 2017 Nominations and Applications due
Mid-February, 2017 Names and applications of three nominees will be sent to college deans for selection
March 15th, 2017 Names of final college awardees due to OURI from deans
April 19th, 2017 Announcement of Undergraduate Researchers of the Year at Honors Convocation
A complete application should include:
- Completed Online Nomination Form
- Current resume or curriculum vitae of the student (Maximum 5 pages) including the following if applicable:
- Evidences of all undergraduate research and inquiry participation
- Evidences of research achievements. This could include presentations, exhibitions, publications, competitions, awarded grants etc.
- A letter of support from faculty research mentor.
The evaluation is based on the quality and quantity of research conducted by the FAU student
2015 Undergraduates of the Year!
Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters
Awardee: Kelsey Willis
Faculty Mentor: Clifford Brown
College of Business
Awardee: Marina Giral Lores
Faculty Mentor: Monica Escaleras
College for Design and Social Inquiry
Awardee: Heather Akers
Faculty Mentor: Emmanouil Vermisso
College of Education
Awardee: Jared Perlmutter
Faculty Mentor: Michael Zourdos
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Awardee: Lisandre Meyer
Faculty Mentor: Dan Meeroff
Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College
Awardee: Brian Pennington
Faculty Mentor: Julie Earles
Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
Awardee: Nathalia Gazaniga
Faculty Mentor: Vijaya Iragavarapu
College of Nursing
Awardee: Doren-Elyse Marquit
Faculty Mentor: Susan Dyess
Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
Awardee: Brian Cooney
Faculty Mentor: Evelyn Frazier