OFFICE OF THE OMBUDSMAN
Solving Problems on Your Own
- Don't be afraid to ask question, and don't be bashful about calling university offices for help.
- Be prepared. Have all documentation and information available to support your case.
- Getting angry or rude will not solve your problems. It will probably only complicate the issue and possibly make things worse.
- Make sure you talk to the right people in trying to get a correct decision.
- Read all information carefully including University Catalog, Schedule of Courses and Student Handbook. The University makes a conscientious effort to inform the campus community of its deadlines and procedures. You are responsible for knowing University policy and deadlines.
- Before you sign anything such as housing/meal contracts or financial aid paperwork, read the fine print.