Campus of Difference – Diversity Training
The A CAMPUS OF DIFFERENCE™ program is an anti-bias diversity training program which helps participants increase their self-awareness and learn to appreciate diversity on campus. The four-hour training sessions are designed to enhance the university’s ability to build a stronger community and make proactive changes regarding the challenges faced on our campuses.
A Campus of Difference training helps participants recognize bias and the harm it inflicts on individuals and society; explore the value of diversity; intergroup relations; and combat racism, anti-Semitism, and all forms of prejudice and bigotry.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
During the day-long training, you will:
- Explore your personal and cultural identity;
- Recognize the language of stereotyping and its impact on interactions with others;
- Explore the dynamics of power and privilege connected to group-identities;
- Examine and challenge bias, prejudice, and discrimination in yourself and others;
- Create an inclusive campus community that values and respects diversity;
HOW TO SIGN UP
Enrollment is limited to 25 participants per session. Pre-registration is required to participate! Group training may be scheduled for academic classes, clubs and organizations when available.
For Students: Click Here for workshop dates, registration information, or to register on-line.
For questions, call: (561) 297-3959 or visit the office in SS-8 Room 224 on the Boca Raton campus.