Access Your Owl Mail in Outlook for Mac
Before you continue with these instructions, please make sure you set your Owl Apps Password.
You can use the same password as you do for your FAUNet ID, but keep in mind that the Owl Mail password is not synchronized with your FAUNet ID password, so if you change your FAUNet ID password the OwlMail password will not change unless you manually change it.
- Click on Set Owl Apps Account Password at the bottom of the webpage
- Enter Owl Apps Password (it can be the same as your MyFAU password)
- Enable IMAP in Owl Mail:
- Sign in to Owl Mail.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right and select Mail settings.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Configure your IMAP client and click Save Changes.
- Open Outlook
- Click E-mail Account
- Enter settings listed below (make sure you have @fau.edu after your E-mail address and User name. Also make sure you have correct port numbers for each server and Use SSL to connect (recommended) is checked for both servers.)
- Click More Options under Outgoing server to open this screen. For Authentication, select Use Incoming Server Info
- Click OK
- Click the red button on the top right of the pop-up window
- Your e-mail should begin to populate in Outlook