Access Your Owl Mail in Outlook for Mac
Please set your Owl Apps Password in the MyFAU accounts page before you continue with these instructions.
- Set your Owl Apps password:
- Log into MyFAU
- Click the My Account link on the top left
- Click on Set Owl Apps Account Password at the bottom of the webpage
- Enter Owl Apps Password (it can be the same as your MyFAU password)
- Enable IMAP in Owl Mail:
- Sign in to Owl Mail.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right and select Mail settings.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Configure your IMAP client and click Save Changes.
- Open Outlook
- Click E-mail Account
- Enter settings listed below (make sure you have @fau.edu after your E-mail address and User name. Also make sure you have correct port numbers for each server and Use SSL to connect (recommended) is checked for both servers.)
- Click More Options under Outgoing server to open this screen. For Authentication, select Use Incoming Server Info
- Click OK
- Click the red button on the top right of the pop-up window
- Your e-mail should begin to populate in Outlook