FAU’s College of Business to Host Spring 2013 Executive Forum Lecture Series
BOCA RATON, Fla. (December 18, 2012)
- Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business will host its Spring 2013 Executive Forum Lecture Series, sponsored by Bank of America, on Thursdays beginning Jan. 10, 2013, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in room 101 in the Office Depot Grand Lecture Hall, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
In its 21st year, the Executive Forum series provides FAU students, alumni and the business community exposure to the wealth of knowledge and experience of entrepreneurs and executives from a wide variety of businesses and industries. Each week, the speakers will provide a brief overview of their individual businesses, as well as other professional experiences, followed by a discussion of key issues facing their industries, businesses or the business climate in general. The Executive Forum also is designed to help students focus their career development interests by enabling them to peer inside a vast array of businesses and industries.
The following is the schedule for the lecture series:
- Craig Agranoff, web visionary of GRIPD – Jan. 10
- Yalmaz Siddiqui, senior director of environmental strategy and Shela Fletcher, senior manager of environmental strategy at Office Depot – Jan. 17
- Jim Robo, president and chief executive officer of NextEra Energy, Inc. – Jan. 24
- Michael Solomon, best-selling author and consultant – Jan. 31
- Steve Nudelberg, principal of On the Ball – Feb. 7
- Richard Silverman, chief financial officer of The Fresh Diet – Feb. 21
- Richard Outram, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Signature Consultants, LLC – Feb. 28
- Guillermo Castillo, president of JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. – March 14
- Larry Stybel, president of Stybel Peabody Lincolnshire – March 21
- Edgar Otto, Chairman of Hyperbaric Veterinary- March 28
- James Cline, chief financial officer of United Data Technologies – April 4
- Bernie Marcus, co-founder of Home Depot – April 12
- Lauren Hahn, chief financial officer of PPSFTC – April 18
- John Metz, president of RREMC Restaurants, LLC and chairman and chief executive officer of Hurricane AMT, LLC – April 25
- Gene Holzer, managing partner of Ascendo Resources – May 2
The Executive Forum Series is free and open to the public. RSVP online at business.fau.edu/executiveforum beginning the Monday prior to each lecture.
For more information, contact Jessica Aptman at 561-297-0927 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
-FAU-About Florida Atlantic University:
Florida Atlantic University, established in 1961, officially opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida. Today, the University, with an annual economic impact of $6.3 billion, serves more than 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students at sites throughout its six-county service region in southeast Florida. FAU’s world-class teaching and research faculty serves students through 10 colleges: the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters, the College of Business, the College for Design and Social Inquiry, the College of Education, the College of Engineering and Computer Science, the Graduate College, the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College, the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing and the Charles E. Schmidt College of Science. FAU is ranked as a High Research Activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The University is placing special focus on the rapid development of three signature themes – marine and coastal issues, biotechnology and contemporary societal challenges – which provide opportunities for faculty and students to build upon FAU’s existing strengths in research and scholarship. For more information, visit www.fau.edu.