FAU’s College of Business to Host Fall 2011 Executive Forum Lecture Series
BOCA RATON, FL (August 11, 2011) - Florida Atlantic University's College of Business will host its Fall 2011 Executive Forum Lecture Series, sponsored by Bank of America, on Thursdays beginning August 25, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in room 101 in the Office Depot Grand Lecture Hall, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
In its 20th year, the Executive Forum series provides FAU students exposure to the wealth of knowledge and experience of entrepreneurs and executives from a wide variety of businesses and industries. Each week, the speakers will provide a brief overview of their individual businesses, as well as other professional experiences, followed by a discussion of key issues facing their industries, businesses or the business climate in general. The Executive Forum also is designed to help students focus their career development interests by enabling them to peer inside a vast array of businesses and industries.
The following is the schedule for the lecture series:
- Greg Hanlon, vice president and general manager of FPL Energy Services – August 25
- John Duffy, CEO of 3Cinteractive – September 1
- Duane Stiller, founder and president of Woolbright Development, Inc. – September 8
- Allan Schuman, chairman emeritus of Ecolab, Inc – September 15
- Dave Blaszkowsky, associate director of data and analytics of the Securities and Exchange Commission – September 22
- Steve Calkins, senior vice president of contract sales of Office Depot – September 29
- Rob Louv, managing partner of ArchPoint Partners – October 6
- Chris Prindle, vice president and investment specialist of J.P. Morgan – October 13
- Abdol Moabery, FAU Board of Trustees member and president and CEO of GA Telesis – October 20
- Robert Danzig, former nationwide CEO of Hearst Newspapers – October 27
- Chris Milliken, former president and CEO of OfficeMax – November 3
- Robert Wolfe, managing director of United Capital Private Wealth Consulting – November 10
- Sidney Cohen, former president of Cohen's Frozen Foods – November 17
The Executive Forum Series is free and open to the public. RSVP online at www.fauadamscenter.org beginning the Monday prior to each lecture.
For more information, contact Jessica Aptman at 561-297-2980 or email@example.com.
-FAU-About Florida Atlantic University:
Florida Atlantic University, established in 1961, officially opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida. In commemoration of its origin, FAU is celebrating its 50th anniversary throughout 2011. Today, the University serves more than 28,000 undergraduate and graduate students on seven campuses and sites. FAU’s world-class teaching and research faculty serves students through 10 colleges: the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts & Letters, the College of Business, the College for Design and Social Inquiry, the College of Education, the College of Engineering & Computer Science, the Graduate College, the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College, the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing and the Charles E. Schmidt College of Science. FAU is ranked as a High Research Activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. For more information, visit www.fau.edu.