FAU’s College of Business to Host Spring 2012 Executive Forum Lecture Series
BOCA RATON, FL (January 3, 2011) - Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business will host its Spring 2012 Executive Forum Lecture Series on Thursdays, beginning January 19, 2012, from 5:30 to 7 p.m., in room 101 in the Office Depot Grand Lecture Hall, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
Now in its 21st year, the Executive Forum series provides FAU students exposure to the wealth of knowledge and experience of entrepreneurs and executives from a wide variety of businesses and industries. Each week, the speakers will provide a brief overview of their individual businesses, as well as other professional experiences, followed by a discussion of key issues facing their industries, businesses or the business climate in general. The Executive Forum also is designed to help students focus their career development interests by enabling them to peer inside a vast array of businesses and industries.
The following is the schedule for the lecture series:
• Mark Chudacoff, president of Midwest Truck & Auto Parts Inc. – January 19
• Kenneth Lebersfeld, chief executive officer of Capitol Lighting – January 26
• Edgar Otto, founder and chairman of the board of National Healing Corporation – February 2
• Raul Pupo, author, America’s Service Meltdown: Restoring Service Excellence in the Age of the Customer – February 9
• Bill Panoff, editor of Porthole Cruise magazine – February 16
• Larry Feldman, chief executive officer of Subway Development Corp of Washington – February 23
• Bradley Mautner, president and chief operation officer of MFRI, Inc. – March 1
• Don Perlyn, executive vice president of Nathans Famous, Inc. – March 15
• Fred Meltzer, president of Hoffman Chocolates – March 22
• Jeffrey Sharfstein, chief executive officer of The Strive Group – March 29
• Ken Blum, former president of Rent-a-Wreck – April 5
• Manuel Medina, FAU alumnus and chairman and chief executive officer of Medina Capital Partners – April 13
• Laurie Silvers, president of Hollywood Media Corporation – April 19
The Executive Forum Series is free and open to the public. RSVP online at business.fau.edu/executiveforum beginning the Monday prior to each lecture.
For more information, contact Jessica Aptman at 561-297-0927 or email@example.com.
-FAU-About Florida Atlantic University:
Florida Atlantic University, established in 1961, officially opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida. Today, the University serves more than 29,000 undergraduate and graduate students on seven campuses and sites. FAU's world-class teaching and research faculty serves students though 10 colleges: the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters, the College of Business, the College for Design and Social Inquiry, the College of Education, the College of Engineering and Computer Science, the Graduate College, the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College, the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing and the Charles E. Schmidt College of Science. FAU is ranked as a High Research Activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. For more information, visit www.fau.edu.