MEDIA CONTACT: Kristine M. McGrath
FAU Sets Sight on Florida's Capitol
BOCA RATON, FL (March 2, 2007) - Florida Atlantic University President Frank T. Brogan, Board of Trustee members, staff, alumni and student leaders will visit Florida's Capitol from March 5 thru March 7 to host “Experience FAU,” a three-day celebration where university members and friends will discuss FAU’s 2007 - 2008 legislative priorities with legislators and legislative staff. The FAU Day events will provide the community and state leaders the opportunity to experience first-hand many of the activities and programs FAU has to offer.
FAU's legislative request includes -
- FAU/UMMSM Regional Medical Program - $4,700,000
- Florida Institute for the Advancement of Teaching - $3,188,320
- Student Financial Aid to Increase Diversity - $2,000,000
- Recruit and retain world-class graduate students - $1,556,250
- Expand Library Collections and Services to Support Research - $1,100,000
- Funds dedicated to the Strategic Missions of Branch Campuses - $1,080,124
- Increase Technology Resources and Applications Supporting Teaching and Research - $1,000,000
- Center for Teaching Excellence and Student Success (CTESS) - $800,000
- Expand Operations of the Memory and Wellness Center - $200,000
Highlights of FAU’s schedule while in Tallahassee include a university/alumni reception on the 22 nd floor of the Capitol, beginning at 5 p.m. on Monday, March 5. The FAU Vocal Troupe will perform in the Senate chambers at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, March 6. FAU’s displays will be showcased on the Capitol’s 2 nd floor from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 7. Legislative appointments will occur on Tuesday, March 6 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesday, March 7 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information regarding the "Experience FAU" events, contact Kristine McGrath, assistance vice president for media relations, at 561-297-1168 or email@example.com.
- FAU -