What We Do
The Office of University Communications is responsible for providing news, announcements and information to Florida Atlantic University faculty, staff and students as well as other constituencies. The office is also responsible for creating and implementing internal communications strategies and helping facilitate the flow of information among the various departments and colleges of the University. It also handles editorial services and proofreading duties for internal and external projects including publications and electronic communications.
Among the delivery vehicles the office oversees are:
- FAU Today- FAU Today is a website designed to function as an accessible medium that would allow for a more fluid form of current communication amongst FAU’s colleges, departments and employees. The website features stories, announcements, reminders, areas of interest, videos and faculty/staff experts. The website also has multiple live Twitter feeds that reflect ongoing, moment-to-moment stories taking place at FAU.
- E-mail Announcements-E-mails that contain time-sensitive information (as well as news and reminders) for faculty and staff. Announcements are typically sent on Mondays and Thursdays. Submit information by 5 p.m. at least three (3) business days before the date you would like the item to run to Stephanie Gioletti, Assistant Director of Communications.
- MyFAU announcements are posted through the University's MyFAU system for faculty, staff and students. Submit information to email@example.com , and include the office or department approving the information in your request.
- The University's Calendar of Events lists public, FAU-sponsored events from every department and campus. Submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org .
When submitting information, please include:
- Event name
- Location (include room number, building, campus)
- Description (three sentences or less)
- Sponsoring college, department or group
- Contact information for event
- Contact information for listing (if different from event contact info.)
The Office of University Communications is also the central resource for important and late-breaking campus bulletins. Through e-mails, students, faculty and staff are kept informed about urgent news and University-wide issues.