Last year, the Division of University Communications and Marketing was created to assist the entire University in telling FAU's story. The division — a team of writers, editors, designers and brand strategists — are committed to helping faculty and staff reach their audiences while communicating the University’s mission. From award-winning publications to national media exposure, the University Communications and Marketing staff works to ensure that every project receives the same level of attention to detail and brand consistency.
Among the many areas of the communications enterprise, the team handles:
- Publication design and production, web design, photography, instructional graphics and the University's visual standards through Creative Services;
- Update (this newsletter), University-wide announcements, the calendar of events and editorial review and standards through Internal Communications;
- Brand management, licensed vendor relations and promotional items through Licensing;
- News releases and story pitches to the media, faculty/staff experts database and public records requests through
Media Relations; and
- University-wide awareness campaigns and radio and television advertising through Marketing.
Most of the University's colleges and divisions have communications officers (click for a full listing) to assist you in spreading your message. These professionals are your first stop and can help guide you through the communications process.