Volunteer greeters are the backbone of every Lifelong Learning Society class and event. As a greeter you'll get to greet students at the door, check tickets, help students with seating, hand out and retrieve hearing devices, and issue replacement tickets and Explorer Tickets. And you get to attend "your" class for free!
- Become an LLS member. Annual membership costs $45, and offers many benefits.
for information about LLS membership;
- Purchase and wear an LLS greeter shirt, an attractive, easy-care blue cotton polo shirt (see pictures above). The shirt costs $23.
- Attending the class at which you are greeting for free;
- A free parking decal if you are greeting at a class that runs multiple weeks.
- Show a positive attitude and cheerful demeanor;
- Be willing to take direction from the Lead Greeter in your class;
- Show consideration and respect for fellow greeters, students, and instructors;
- Respond to all student inquiries in a timely and caring manner, and resolve any issues with sensitivity and concern;
- Communicate to students information about class offerings, enrollment, membership benefits, and major program developments;
- Be willing and able to handle other job duties, including standing at the door to check tickets, issuing Day and Guest passes and handling the money paid for them, and issuing and retrieving hearing devices.
To find out more
to e–mail Wendi Geller in the Lifelong Learning office, or call (561) 799 8814.