UNIVERSITY FEE FOR PARKING, SAFETY AND MAINTENANCE:
- In the Spring, a mandatory, non-refundable $11 University Fee for Parking, Safety and Maintenance must be paid. If you only register for a four-week lecture series, the fee is $7. If you purchased a Winter 2013 hangtag, you may purchase a Spring extension for $5. A parking permit issued by the Traffic and Parking Department will be sent to you by mail. If you lose your FAU hangtag, the replacement fee is $15.
If Guest Passes are bought, you can purchase a $2 daily parking hangtag in the GilmanLobby of the Friedberg Auditorium.
- One-time events do not require the purchase
of a $2 parking hangtag.
- All lecture series attendees must have a parking permit and are required to park in COMMUTER SECTIONS ONLY (Identified as Blue Lots). DO NOT PARK IN A RED DESIGNATED SECTION. FAU parking rules are in effect twenty-four (24) hours, every day of the year.
- Handicap tags allow you to use handicapped spaces, but an FAU Parking Permit is still required.
- Vehicles with FAU parking permits may not be parked at any pay station, parking meters, or on the grass. Pay stations and meters are reserved for visitors only.
- Vehicles are required to park “nose-in” in parking spaces. Backing in or pulling through spaces is not permitted when parking a vehicle.
- Parking lots: (see map)
Lot 12 is the lot designated for parking for the courtesy shuttle bus to/from the Friedberg Auditorium. As a convenience and service to our patrons, door-to-door shuttle service is provided on certain days at specified hours, depending on enrollments. The schedule of shuttle service is available in the Gilman Lobby of the Friedberg Auditorium, or on the LLS website at www.fau.edu/lls, under shuttle
To get to Lot 12:
From the main FAU entrance on Glades Road go past Lot 15 and the Friedberg Auditorium. At the 2nd light (Volusia St.), there is signage for Lot 12. Make a left turn and follow signs to Lot 12. From Spanish River Blvd. entrance, before arriving at Lot 15 across from the Friedberg Auditorium, after the first STOP sign and the next speed-hump, there is signage for Lot 12 on the right, make a right turn, go to the end past the gym and signage for Lot 12 will be ahead.
• Lot 15 - across from the Friedberg Auditorium, if space is available.
• Lot 16 - south of the Friedberg Auditorium, if space is available.
• Garage 1 - on Volusia Street, if space is available.
• Lot 10 - north of lot 15, if space is available.
- Guests can purchase daily parking hangtags in
the Gilman Lobby of the Friedberg Auditorium at a cost of $2.00 each.
Alternatively, a metered
parking pay station is
available at the south side of Lot 15. For information
on parking, please see the Directions
and Parking Section on the LLS website, www.fau.edu/lls,
and the Schedule Book. If you have a parking tag, you may not park at pay
stations or parking meters.
- RULES FOR USING THE FRIEDBERG AUDITORIUM:
No smoking, food, or beverages (except water) are permitted anywhere
in the building, INCLUDING THE LOBBY.
an emergency occurs in the auditorium or classroom, tell a staff member
who will call
911. This call will simultaneously go to the
FAU Police Department. If an emergency occurs on Campus,
use the emergency phones or ask someone to
call 911 for you.
Members only may register online at llsreg.org