Faculty & Staff Opportunities
The LeaderShape Institute® is a six-day leadership experience that challenges participants to lead with integrity™ while working towards a vision grounded in their deepest values. We host two sessions of the LeaderShape Institute: LeaderShape South Florida and LeaderShape FAU hosted on the FAU Jupiter Campus.
- We have two opportunities for faculty and staff to serve as Cluster Facilitators, six spots for the FAU session and one spot for faculty/staff to serve as a Cluster Facilitator at the South Florida session. Please contact Dr. Katie Burke, email@example.com for more information.
Owl Breaks (formerly known as Alternative Spring Break) is an opportunity to spend your Course/Semester Break, serving a community in need. You will travel with other students and staff members to a city within and outside of Florida where you will immerse yourself in service projects and learn about a particular social issue affecting that community.
- We are looking to fill five potential spots for faculty/staff to serve as leaders on these trips in spring. Please contact Aaron Hackman, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Academic Service-Learning integrates community service with instruction and reflection.
- If you are interested in having your course designated as Academic Service-Learning, please contact Aaron Hackman, email@example.com for more information.
Faculty Owl Leader Program is designed to engage and involve faculty members in the development of students as future exemplary leaders within and beyond the campus community.
- If you are interested in applying to serve as a Faculty Owl Leader for the 2018-2019 academic year please contact Dr. Katie Burke, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Women’s Leadership Institute (WLI) will be held for its third year on Friday, March 23. The theme for this year is “nevertheless she persisted”. The WLI seeks to raise awareness of critical issues women face in leadership thus providing opportunities to transform awareness into action by empowering participants to advocate for themselves and others.
- If you are interested in engaging with the Women’s Leadership Institute and would like to know more about the opportunities available, please contact Dr. Katie Burke, email@example.com for more information.
iLead Student Leadership Conference is entering its eleventh year in Fall 2018. The theme for the past iLead was Catalyst for Change, and was the first time that iLead was expanded to three days, thereby expanding the opportunities for faculty and staff to be involved in student growth and development.
- If you are interested in presenting, volunteering, or attending, please contact Dr. Katie Burke, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
WeLead: Diversity Matters Student Leadership Symposium is a collaborative diversity-focused student leadership conference organized by Lead and Serve, the Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs, and Multicultural Programming. WeLead is a one-day experience designed to broaden participants’ cultural competency and leadership knowledge. WeLead works to directly influence leadership development amongst diverse teams.
- If you are interested in presenting, volunteering, or attending, please contact Juan Izaguirre, email@example.com for more information.
World Leadership Summit: The World Leadership Summit is a two-day live speaker event that will take place March 14 - 15, 2018 from 8:30 AM until 5 PM each day at the Kaye Auditorium on the Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton Campus. Some of the speakers this year include professional baseball great Daryl Strawberry, personal branding expert Sally Hogshead, and former governor, Jeb Bush. Please be advised that the focus of the conference is servant leadership so many of the speakers will offer a faith-based perspective. If faculty and staff would like to attend the World Leadership Summit, they may do so at a substantial discount. They can go to the World Leadership Summit website at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-world-leadership-summit-tickets-36757621034 and type in the promo code: BOARD for a 50% discount.
- If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Jordan DiPentima, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.