Integrative Biology and Neuroscience PhD Student Publications
IBNS Student Publications
One reason for establishing the Jupiter Life Science Initiative (JLSI) on FAU's John D. MacArthur campus was to enhance education and foster research in the life sciences by building partnerships with local research institutes, including the Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience and The Scripps Research Institute-Scripps Florida. The success of this effort is proven by the number of publications from students in the Integrative Biology and Neuroscience (IBNS) PhD Program.
IBNS is a joint FAU-Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience program. Scripps Florida also contributes expertise to this program.The IBNS program, which admitted its first students in Fall 2011, is housed between JLSI, the Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience, and Scripps Florida research laboratories located on the FAU Jupiter campus. Since the program began, IBNS students have published a total of 31 research articles in high impact journals such as Nature, Nature Neuroscience, and Cell. Below are the latest IBNS student publications (listed in reverse chronological order).
- Contribution of a natural polymorphism in protein kinase G modulates electroconvulsive seizure recovery in Drosophila melanogaster
- The adult foraging assay (AFA) detects strain and food-deprivation effects in feeding-related traits of Drosophila melanogaster
- A subset of sweet-sensing neurons identified by IR56d are necessary and sufficient for fatty acid taste
- Regional Cellular Environment Shapes Phenotypic Variations of Hippocampal and Neocortical Chandelier Cells
- Lissencephaly-1 dependent axonal retrograde transport of L1-type CAM Neuroglian in the adult Drosophila central nervous system
- Temporary inactivation reveals that the CA1 region of the mouse dorsal hippocampus plays an equivalent role in the retrieval of long-term object memory and spatial memory
- High-Throughput, High-Resolution Mapping of Protein Localization in Mammalian Brain by In Vivo Genome Editing