Tax Information

All international students and scholars holding F/J status (including F/J dependents) must report their annual income by filing a tax return between January 1 and April 15 of each year. F/J visa status holders are required to complete tax forms even if they earned no income in the United States.The government agency overseeing the U.S. tax system is The Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The IRS has a special tax information section for Foreign Students and Scholars.

Useful IRS Links

Publication 501: Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information

Publication 519: US Tax Guide for Aliens

Form 1040 NREZ

Form 1040 NR EZ Instructions

Form 1040 NR

Form 1040 NR Instructions

Form 8843


 Last Modified 5/23/18